Wednesday, June 11, 2014

THE MAGIC KINGDOM at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. PART ONE: Early Park Entry, Breakfast, and Frontierland

Where do you even begin when talking about the Magic Kingdom....

I'm not really sure so I will start the way we started on May 28, which by the way was opening day of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

We started early..... very early. We had a breakfast reservation at The Crystal Palace. A Winnie the Pooh themed character breakfast buffet, but more on that in a minute.

When I say early I mean a reservation for before the park opened that day. Our reservation was for 8:20am and the park opened at 9am. In order to get there on time I decided it would be best to take the bus from our resort, Coronado Springs.

Us at 7:30 am!!!!
 
 
 
As stated in the caption above we got to the bus stop around 7:30 am and waited no more than 5 mins for a bus to the Magic Kingdom to arrive. We arrived at our Magic Kingdom destination around 7:50. We were in awww at how few people were around. It was very nice, peaceful, relaxing all of those adjectives not usually used to describe Disney lol.
 
 
We went to the bag check. A simple but slow process. Then on to figuring out how to get in the park before it actually opens. I asked a cast member and was directed to another cast member holding a big sign that read "RESERVATIONS". Silly me, I should have taken a second to look around. We proceeded to the woman with the sign, but not before stopping for a picture.
 
 


No I'm not in it! I forgot to take an "ussie", my bad but at least I got them looking all good with no people around. Then we checked in using my name. It was the name on the reservation. Easy as can be until.... the last member of our party scanned his MAGIC BAND. Long story short the lady at the ticket counter the day before never activated his ticket. Minor problem but one with a lesson. Always allow extra time for the unexpected.

After getting our problem situated and through the gates it was around 8:05am. It was quite a site...



 
Do you see what I see? Yup that's right almost no one!!! It was awesome. Nice and cool because it was so early no people no problems just smooth sailing as we headed for Main Street.


The nice family walking behind us took our picture and then of course we took theirs. Still almost no people. As we literally strolled down Main Street we took a right, as we got closer to the Cinderella's Castle, and this lead us to The Crystal Palace. No I did not take a picture of this, I told you I'm new to this whole blog thing it's gona take a few blogs before I realize what random things I need pictures of!


We checked in around 8:10 am and we were seated like ten minutes before our reservation time. We asked for the check as soon as we sat down and ate and ate and ate. (you know like Pooh Bear lol) It was good. My favorite was the puffy French toast in the kids section. For a full review of THE CRYSTAL PALACE click the link. We wanted to be out of there by 9:05 am to go hit the rides before the crowds came and it worked perfectly. We were happy, full and ready to go!

We headed for Frontierland. Even though the park was officially open at this point, it still felt very uncrowded. We went straight to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If you have never been on it here is how I describe this ride: It is a tame roller coaster. One that even my mother loves and she has vertigo and hates roller coasters. While I call it tame it is not boring by any means. The ride is just like an out of control train ride and it is very fun. Scary but fun for my son who is 3 but big enough to ride with a height restriction at 40'. My daughter who is 10 would ride it 50 times in a row if she could. One of my can't miss attractions when I come here. It is very well done. It is quick just not lightning fast. There are curves and turns but nothing upside down or insane. Good Ride! We rode it twice, no wait either time.

Then we hit Splash Mountain. This ride is long that's why we did this one second. When I say long I don't by any means mean that in a bad way. It is one of the longest rides that I love to go on. The whole ride is a story and it's so adorable. There are a few small drops throughout the ride and then there is that one big drop. I tried to take a picture of the picture they take of you, but was unsuccessful as it was no longer on screen on our way off the ride. Another great ride and by this time it's still only 9:45am or so. By the time we got off the line had at least doubled if not tripled. So for those that are wondering.... yes the first 45 minutes of park open are crucial for the bigger rides or ones with low loading capacities ex: Peter Pan.

Next we headed to the Haunted Mansion. Another very well done ride. There is a lot of detail that goes into all of the rides at Walt Disney World. They are in a whole different league than those that you find at a carnival or even at a Six Flags. It's more of a story telling when your on a Disney ride. Anyway back to the Haunted Mansion. The posted wait time was 10 mins and I think for once they hit the nail on the head. Due to Fastpass+ they have redone the regular wait line for this ride. It is longer and thinner than it was before and it has some great new interactive things to do while you wait.




It was basically filled with stuff for kids to touch lol. There were statues and organs and all types of instruments and sounds that played when you touched certain things. There was a bookshelf with the books popping out. Really all kinds of things that were cool for an adult to look at and a big help if the line has been long and you need to keep your kids entertained. The ride itself, dark, scary (to small children), and air conditioned as always. It is another must do on my daughter and my list. Not so much my husbands though....

We are going to stop here as we head to Fantasyland. That is for tomorrow, since really I wanted this part done yesterday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment