Friday, June 6, 2014

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Disney's Magic Kingdom Park


Ok you see that hill over there in the background.....?


That is the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!!!

My pictures are totally lacking and do not do this ride justice. I will be investing in a better camera shortly. If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to tell me in the comments section.

Here's the lowdown on the ride. I had gotten a Fastpass about 3 weeks before our trip for this ride. I tried to change the time of my Fastpass multiple times during that 3 weeks with no luck. I think this will change in a few months but for now it is a new ride so people want on! Not to mention we were there opening day. We did not plan this as our trip was planned before they announced the Grand Opening.

The line was at a steady wait time of 90 minutes pretty much all day. Even at 11pm. We used our Fastpass and our wait looked like this:




There was no one im the outside part of the line. It took about 2 minutes to walk through it. I must say it was done very well. The theming was awesome and it really felt like we were walking through the forest. Notice the house lost in the trees there? Like I said, the wait area was done very well. On the other side where there was a 90 minute wait I here there are games to play an all types of fun things to do while you wait. Next time I go I will check out the regular line so I can fill you in on the details.


I got a little nervous when I saw this:


It was only a 30 second backup as soon as we got in the door no wait again! We went through the inside line in no time at all and the a/c unit in this building was kicking!



The cars that you ride in spared no attention to detail they were really cool to look at.


Here is a picture of the whole train. Again the whole mine theming is looking really good.


We were in the front row. The next picture is one of the tracks at the start of the ride. They immediately take you outside.


Then I have no more pictures from the ride due to a crappy camera. It doesn't like moving shots! I can tell you that it was pretty cool. My husband just kept saying it's so smooth the ride is so smooth. It really was. My son who is three was finally tall enough to do some big rides this trip, but the mine train was his favorite. He was tall enough to do Big Thunder Mountain, but he loved mine train. It has some great scenes in it. There has been a lot of talk about how tame this ride is. I was expecting to not enjoy it due to what I had been hearing about it, boy was I wrong. I loved this little ride! Does it replace Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.... no way! It was great though. It is totally a kiddie coaster that is enjoyable for adult's and lasts longer than 30 seconds like most kiddie coasters! Well done Disney! This is a great "kids" ride that parents and older siblings can enjoy to. I would in no way mind going on this ride a few times per trip.


The picture above is taken from the bridge that gets you into Be Our Guest lunch or dinner. The line is for Be Our Guest Lunch. As you can see from the pic it is definitely a coaster. It's just not Rock n Roller Coaster lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment