Thursday, March 12, 2015

NO SHAMPOO CHALLANGE!!!!

Well folks I took the plunge. The No-Poo plunge that is. I was planning on going 30 days without shampoo to see how it either helped or hurt my poor hair. I will start by saying I have straight-ish fine hair that is also very long and dead at the ends from highlighting and not cutting.

My hair is the type that knots easily. Especially at the base of my head top of my neck area and at the ends. So I started this challenge in the hopes of healthier thicker looking hair. The last thing a girl with fine hair needs is shampoo stripping it making it look stringy.

As we all know our scalp produces it's own secretions. After doing some research before I started this challenge I learned that these are very important a fact I already knew but never confirmed. Not only are these oils good for your hair they also keep the bacteria away from your scalp so it's a win win to keep them.

The problem is then you look like you haven't washed your hair in weeks... cause you haven't. So how do we go about not washing our hair and keeping it looking so fresh and clean? The short answer is I have no idea lol.

I do know this I am at about 2.5 weeks of no shampoo. I never wash everyday anyways generally I was once or twice a week. So by the start of week two I was loosing my mind. I tried a tea, honey, and lemon juice mixture that I made at home but it didn't seem to help much. So about four more days went by and at my kids haircut place they gave me a sample of cleansing conditioner. It's kind of like that Wen product you see in the infomercials. I was afraid to try it because I felt like it would kill my 30 day challenge, but I had to do something.

I tell you what, while it feels a little cleaner I can definitely still feel the oils on my scalp and about a 1/4 down my scalp. So I guess it's like not using shampoo.

I will keep you up to date the challenge isn't over but so far my opinion is find an organic or natural cleansing conditioner, don't just go cold turkey it's literally terrible!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment