Saturday, March 14, 2015

ASIA SECTION OF DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM

MT EVEREST ANIMAL KINGDOM

Asia is home to one of the best "thrill" rides in Disney World. I put thrill in quotation marks because I feel like Disney's version of thrill rides is still tamer than other theme parks but still very enjoyable and able to serve a wider range of people.

Anyway on to my review an walk through of Asia.

Asia is nestled in between Africa and Dinoland USA. Depending on where you are coming from changes what you see first. We are going to start as if we are coming from the Africa section of the park.

The first thing you come to would be a show called Flights of Wonder. This is a very good show about birds. We have only done it once because there really is a lot to do in this park. So we try to do a different show every time. Along with one of the two treks. In Asia is the other trek it's called the Maharajah Jungle Trek. This is another good one. I absolutely recommend both of these but remember this park is not open until ten at night so you really need to use your time wisely here.

WALKING THROUGH ASIA

After you pass Flights of Wonder there are two ways you can go. One will take you to Discovery Island (not where you want to go) and the other will take you to both Kali River Rapids and The Maharajah Jungle Trek (that's where you want to go). The trek is awesome and even has tigers. This trek features animals from Asia. That is what makes the two treks different, they both feature animals from the country they represent.

I recommend the Kali River Rapids to anyone who doesn't mind getting drenched! Realistically speaking there is a very good chance you will be soaked and should have brought a change of clothes. There are lockers by the entrance to the ride that are free for the first hour. This is for all the brave souls who know they will be soaked. Most people think you will only get a few splashes... you are wrong! The minority of people will get a few splashes the rest will have a least one side of them that is completely wet! So beware. I love this ride my husband will not get on. literally I mean he refuses and that is completely understandable.

After the rapids is half of my family's favorite ride.....

STUCK ON EXPEDITION EVEREST

Expedition Everest!!!!! I love this ride! Everyone in my family who is tall enough to ride loves this ride! We go on it at least 3 times every trip. Once with a fastpass, once with a rider swap, and at least once in the single rider line! We literally love this ride. Yes that is a picture of the ride not moving.... Why you ask? Because Murphy's Law follows my husband around. He and my dear daughter on stuck inside this Mountain as I am taking this picture. I had a feeling they were stuck so I snapped a pic and sure enough 30 mins later they are texting me from inside the Mountain with all the lights on! Still it is our favorite ride of this park!

That is it for rides in this section but don't forget they have food here too! I haven't tried all of it nor do I have reviews done for this section yet but I will say this. The Yak and Yeti quick service has delicious fried rice and egg rolls.

On to Dinoland we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment