Thursday, July 3, 2014

ANIMAL KINGDOM PART 2: THIS PLACE IS AWESOME




Were back! We left off in Dinoland eating lunch. Followed by leaving the park for an afternoon nap. We love relaxing so even on a Disney World vacation with kids, we find time to relax. What better time to do it than in the middle of the day when it hits 90!! So my best guess is we left the park around 1pm-ish.

We came back to the park at 4pm-ish. This time we went slow, we weren't rushing to beat any crowds and we already missed the afternoon parade. A lot of people leave after the parade. As I said before in the title of Part 1 this in my opinion is the most underrated park. It tends to empty out after the parade due to people feeling like they have done enough of the park. Let me tell you not possible! Let me also tell you they were announcing while we were there that the afternoon parade was coming to an end. I'm pretty positive that end has come. They had to cancel it due to the parade route being cutoff by construction.

Back on track. We are at the park and going at a leisurely pace. We were taking time to look at the exhibits. I always see something new when I go to any of the Walt Disney World Parks, but especially this one. For example, I had no idea there were kangaroos!! We headed straight to Africa this time. Due to the animals needing down time they do tend to put some away and cut off certain areas so be aware of this when you go.

In Africa we headed straight for the safari. We love that ride and always see a ton of animals.

White and Black Rhinos

Lion resting on the top of his rock

Our favorite animals are the giraffes and hippos. My daughter likes all the small animals and the ones that remind her of horses. My son likes the crocodiles. There is a lot to see on this "safari". It has yet to let us down.

Remember how I told you some things close early? Well when we got off of the safari ride and walked over to the railroad that brings you to Rafiki's Planet Watch, they were not letting anyone else on. The park was open but the petting zoo and veterinary exhibit clinic were closed for the day. We learned our lesson!

After that we headed back to Asia. Keep in mind that there is so much to do that we skipped this trip due to time constraints. There are all kinds of shows and musical happenings throughout the day that we did not attend, we missed the petting zoo area where our kids will happily spend an hour, and there are animal/nature trails that take you to see more animals like tigers and gorillas. We did not have a chance to do any of this! So if you think this park only needs half a day, remember you will be missing a lot!

On our way to Asia the kids took a detour.



To play the drums of course! What kid can resist hitting these bad boys and making some noise? Not mine! When we finally pulled them away we continued on the road to Asia. We skipped the Kali River Rapids as it was late in the day and we already did it earlier. My husband and daughter got on Expedition Everest again. I have no idea how many times they actually got to ride but I would say it was at least 4!

While they did that my son and I headed to the playground. The playground at this park is totally awesome. Part of it is a playground and part of it is an archeological dig site. Really cool.







We spent at least an hour here. My son played and played and played and played. When I was finally tired we headed back towards Mount Everest.


 There was a wonderful place to sit right outside Finding Nemo the Musical. Which we did not have time to see on this trip. However, if your a Nemo fan I recommend this show. We sat here and had some snack while we waited for the rest of our party to join us.

They were there fairly quickly. We all sat for about ten minutes talking about what each other did and then we split up again. My husband was ready to do since he just did his run on Expedition Everest, but my daughter and I wanted to do Dinosaur again.

So the boys went to play in the carnival area of Dinoland while my daughter and I headed back for some more of the Dinosaur ride. I think we made it on the ride twice before the park was officially closing. It was great no wait either time and from my understanding they had the same thing happen on Everest.



Then it was time to go. Like I said there was so much more that we could have done. We had a great time though. We got all the bare essentials done that are must do's for our family. If we had another day to go we would have!

If you would like help planning your next vacation CONTACT ME and I will be glad to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment