Monday, May 11, 2015

APPLE STROLLER RENTALS IN ORLANDO FLORIDA

While researching stroller rental companies I came across Apple Stroller and Scooter Rental. The following is my personal opinion and experience. My rating is a 2 out of 5 starts. The price was right but you definitely get what you pay for!!

Here is a picture of my Apple Stroller. Well, half the stroller as my son sleeps in it. It is a city mini. So the same kind that most other companies offer. The weight is rated from 0-50lbs and from ages 0 months -5 years. This works for both my boys. The one pictured is 7 months and 25 lbs while my 4 year old who is 40 lbs also used it and fit just fine. I paid $26.50 for 3 days of use. From Wednesday at 8 am through Friday at 8 pm. It came with nothing insurance and nothing more. No rain cover, no cup holders, no parents caddy.


Well here we go with the actual review. When I first picked up the stroller from bell services it was closed. The bell services lady at All Star Music was very helpful and opened it for me since it was just me and my two small children. She had a little trouble opening it and figuring it out. As did I later, but we will get to that.

It came with a piece of paper that said freshly laundered in Dreft. I could tell it smelled fresh but it did not look fresh. It was actually quite dirty and stained for something that was "freshly laundered". In their defense children are messy and stains will happen and they were half the price of the rest of the rental companies.

The handle part where you hold on to that is supposed to be soft and padded, was gone. They had wrapped the tape used for tennis rackets where the padding used to be and it was coming off already. Other than that it seemed to function fine.

That first day we took it to the Magic Kingdom and thankfully the couple behind me knew how to close it because I sure didn't and it didn't come with instructions. You simply pull up on a handle located where your child sits and it magically closes all by itself with one hand and very little effort.

It worked great all day. Due to the tennis wrap on a metal bar I started to get a blister on my hand. I just started holding it differently and that went away.

When it was time to leave for the night, thankfully we left during the fireworks. When I grabbed my strollers handle to collapse it the handle snapped off!!! I fought with it for a few minutes while the bus driver watched me try to figure it out with a sleepy 4 year old and 7 month old in my hand. I finally said "do you think you could give me a hand here"? He tried but could not figure it out either.

They put it on the bus open!!! Thankfully there was a really nice group of Brazilian teenagers that helped me out and got my stroller off the bus. I called Apple the entire bus ride home, I tried 3 different numbers! None of them worked. One said this number is not a working number, another said this mailbox is full.

I went to the concierge desk after getting off the bus and checked to see if they had a number I could call. No suck luck. They had the same number that said this mailbox is full.

At this point I'm pissed I have an 8:05 am reservation inside the Magic Kingdom and I know there is no way they will answer in time to get me another stroller. Thankfully I'm pretty handy. I woke up early in the morning and fixed it myself while the baby slept.

I would have called for a replacement but now I knew how to fix and I was leaving the next day so I stuck it out. It never did break again. I guess I should work for the stroller company as a quality control manager lol. I will be calling them today and letting them know about my disappointment with the cleanliness, functionality, and ability to get a hold of them!!

I would not recommend Apple Strollers to anyone. Just my experience and opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment