Friday, June 20, 2014

BE OUR GUEST LUNCH REVIEW WITH A FASTPASS

Before I start this review I want to remind you to check out Florida Family Vacation, for all of your travel needs. If you want personalized, don't have to lift a finger service you can contact them here.

On with the Review!!!

I would like to start off by saying that I have heard lunch and dinner are very different experiences at this restaurant. This review is of lunch only. Also, we had a Fastpass for this lunch. Another quick reminder you can not book a Fastpass for Be Our Guest, or BOG as we will call it from now on, the way you would a normal Fastpass. Currently, you must be a resort guest in order to book this Fastpass. For further information on this please fell free to contact me with any questions or leave a comment and I will get back to you.

Here was our experience. We had arranged our Fastpass for 1:00 - 1:30 pm. We could show up anywhere in that time frame. We also pre-ordered our meal via the same Fastpass process online. I want you all to remember you can not predict a day at the parks and we were ready to go for our afternoon break by 12:15 pm , but I was not leaving until I got to dine in this castle!

So at 12:45pm, we attempted to check-in and we were told we had to wait until 5 minutes prior to our Fastpass time. I would like to say that there was a long line spanning the bridge to get in stand-by. However, like I said we were ready to eat 45 minutes before our Fastpass time it may have been quicker to wait in the line. They did offer free beverages to those in the line one was ice water and one was lemonade.

This is the entrance to the Beast's Castle or Be Our Guest Restaurant. The umbrella is where they had refreshments for those waiting in the stand-by line.

I must say my first impression was a little underwhelmed. I was like that's it, that's the entrance?! Although, I did love the lion statues by the doors.


Above is how it looks right when you walk through those doors. It opens up nicely and then.... they direct you to the right to wait in a line in a jam packed hallway like a bunch of sardines. I chose not to take a picture of a bunch of random people so instead here is the ceiling view of the hallway:



I will say the hallway was beautifully crafted. With knights, dark colors, pillars, and marble.
 


The hallway was separated into two lines. I'm not sure if there was a system to the lines, however, there did not seem to be. In the middle of the lines was the menu. They were on multiple screens as you moved through the line so you could always be making your meal decisions. Here it is the Be Our Guest Lunch Menu:






There are less options for lunch then there are for dinner. I can not confirm the differences yet. When you get to the end of the hallway line there is a cast member waiting to ask if you have pre-ordered or not. They will also hand you a rose that is used by other cast members later to find you and bring your food. Call it a food GPS.

We told the cast member "yes we have pre-ordered", she then said "ok that option is in the testing phase which means it may or may not work, please step forward to number 9 where they will further assist you". So we stepped forward to one of the many check out/order stations. Here is a picture of the room that this was done in, very cool looking:



When they double checked our rose GPS device and our Magic Bands it was determined that our pre-order was not recorded anywhere. Fortunately, I still remembered what it was we were ordering.

Braised Pork Adult Meal:


 
I had read many great reviews of this online before we went. It is one of the options offered at both lunch and dinner. It is also cheaper at lunch than at dinner. While it was good, it was nothing special. I would not go out of my way again to get it as we did this time. It was tasty but lacked that wow factor I was expecting based on all the reviews I had read.
 
 
 
Lumiere's De-Light Kid's Meal Mahi Mahi:
 

It looks great, especially for a kid's meal. That being said it was not. It was very dry and over cooked. My daughter the one who's meal it was said "mom it's so dry". I tried it and agreed. The broccoli and applesauce were great. There are also some tomatoes hiding under there. I have a feeling that had we ordered this at dinner and it was cooked to order that it would have been 10x better. Keep in mind lunch is quick service and about turn over. Our meal came to us within 5 minutes of sitting down. So we know that it was pre-made and not cooked to order.


Chips Delight Kids Meal Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup:


Again, I'm sorry to say not impressed. The soup tasted how it looked, like tomato sauce. The grilled cheese was dry. I find it hard to make grilled cheese dry due to the cheese, but, they did. I really think this is because it's lunch and it's quick service so nothing is made to order. Green beans were good but we ordered French fries. They brought us some and they were pretty good.

Here are some pictures of The West Wing where we ate:





 

 It was very dark and spooky with the sounds of rain, thunder, and lightning. It was cool, however, at first my 3 year old was afraid of the storm sounds. After about 5 minutes he was fine.

Here are some more pictures of the castle:



Bathroom was really nice!

So my final review is that the BOG Lunch is not worth it!!! I will be trying dinner in the future to do a comparison. I really feel like the problem is the rush. At dinner service it should be a whole different atmosphere. This was rushed. very rushed. The food was subpar and that can more than likely be contributed to the rush. No way can food be of good quality when you are pumping it out in that speed at those numbers. Three full rooms of people!!! No, no, no. Dinner is a sit down with a server and food cooked after you order. Hopefully that is better. Funny thing is previous reviews I have read prefer the lunch to the dinner..... We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment