Saturday, June 14, 2014

THE CRYSTAL PALACE in the MAGIC KINGDOM - EARLY MORNING BREAKFAST ADR

Good Morning Folks!!

Before we move on to the Magic Kingdom Part 2, we will be doing a blog on the Crystal Palace. Since we mentioned it in the last blog, I thought it would be helpful to put this online for all to know our experience there.



We had reservations for a breakfast at CRYSTAL PALACE. I highly recommend biting the bullet and making a before park opens reservation, if it is something you are thinking about. I went back and forth with my decision about this and in the end it worked out very well for us.

The first thing you see when entering the park is an empty Main Street. That in itself is priceless. I have never seen it like this! Now you will miss the opening show at Magic Kingdom, but I have never seen this so I don't know what I'm missing lol.

The Crystal Palace is located straight down Main Street, then you take a left at the first real right turn. There is a restaurant at that corner as well. It is called Casey's Corner and as far as I know is only open for lunch and dinner.

Then it is the big white pretty building on the left about 50 feet down. Here is a map:

Crystal Palace is # 11

Again I apologize for not taking a picture of the outside of the building, but there are plenty of them online so not to worry.

We arrived about twenty minutes early for our 8:30 reservation. We were seated in about ten minutes so around 8:20. Which was perfect for us.

When we were seated Tigger was already making his way around the room. Do remember that this is an expensive buffet due to the character meet and greet that goes on continuously during all three services at this restaurant. They will tell you when you arrive that it could take from 60-90 mins to see all four characters depending on where they were in the rotation when you arrive.

The characters at the Crystal Palace are those from Winnie the Pooh, which I happen to love. My ten year old not so much and my 3 year old hates characters. At least from close up lol. Although my ten year old is not a die hard Winnie the Pooh fan she is a character lover and has been since she was 10 months old. So even though Winnie the Pooh is not her favorite, she still gets a huge smile when any character comes close!

Here is an "ussie" of me and Tigger:



He was being very silly.


I had sent everyone else to get their food and I stayed back to order our drinks and our check!!! You may be asking why your check... Well we had a plan! By getting the check when we sat down I didn't have to look for our waitress later when we were done. By the time we finished lots of other families would be looking to leave also. This would cause paying to take longer. If you pay when you sit down then you skip that hassle when your ready to go. It worked out nicely for us.


Above is my son hiding from Tigger who is now at the tables behind us. He is eating his Mickey shaped waffles. Next up is my daughter with the fixins she chose:



She got a mountain of bacon lol! On the side of her mountain she got eggs and pancakes. The eggs were normal scrambled eggs nothing to write home about. The pancakes were the same. The other plate she is holding contains her fresh fruit. You know to balance out all that bacon!!

They had many different breakfast options. All normal expected breakfast items: sausage, home fries, oatmeal, and some not so normal: quiches, breakfast lasagna, and others. It was definitely a wide variety. I would call it a good assortment with something for everyone. I have a family of picky eaters and we all left full. My favorite thing was the puffy French toast. I don't have a picture because I was to busy eating it to stop and take a pic lol. It was so good!

We got a pic with piglet:



Another "ussie" and I tried to take a picture of the Cinderalla's Castle in the mirror I was looking at all through breakfast, but it didn't turn out to well.


It was a beautiful way to eat breakfast even if I cant show it to you. I did catch Eeyor in the corner of the picture over there! We didn't get a chance to see him he was making his way around our section, which is large, when we were wrapping things up. It was like 8:55am when we headed out of there. We hadn't seen Pooh yet either, but we didn't come for the characters!

So we waked out and headed straight to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Rode it twice with no line and jumped on Splash Mountain with a 5 min wait. 

Moral of the story is early morning reservations can be wonderful. They allowed us all to experience empty Main Street, eat a good meal so no one was grumpy, then be there for park open without waiting in line so no stress, and get in an hour in Frontierland with practically no waiting. It was a the beginning of a good day!!


Don't forget to CONTACT ME if you want to go on a great vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment